Wolviston Primary is an open and welcoming school. We encourage parents, carers, and members of the community to support the children by getting involved in school life. However, our overriding priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of the children in our care is maintained. This underpins our acceptance of volunteers in school.
Volunteers at Wolviston Primary complete an application form and agree for us to carry out checks by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before helping in school.
Our wonderful volunteers currently support the school in a number of ways, including:
- hearing pupils read.
- tending to our garden.
- helping with the supervision of children on school trips.
- sharing life experiences, linked to learning.
- helping with classroom organisation and preparation.
- demonstrating a skill; such as knitting/sewing
- helping with practical subjects
- helping out at whole school events; coffee mornings/fayres/whole school productions
If you would like to offer your services as a volunteer, please speak to Mrs Whitehill, our Assistant Head Teacher, as she co-ordinates the placement and induction of all volunteers in school.