At Wolviston Primary School we create a safe and nurturing community for all, where each child regardless of difference, achieves their full potential. We prepare pupils for future life; to become lifelong learners, to develop a thirst for knowledge and to become global citizens equipped for the challenges of the 21st century.
We are proud to be a Rights Respecting School and have worked hard to achieve the Gold Award. As duty bearers we help our pupils to grow into confident, caring and responsible young citizens both in school and within the wider community. By learning about their rights our pupils also learn about the importance of respecting the rights of others.
Wolviston Primary School is one where:
- Everyone takes care of themselves, each other and our school.
- All children succeed and develop their ability to think independently.
- Our staff and governors go above and beyond expectations.
- Children are actively encouraged to make their own choices, knowing that they are in a safe and supportive environment.
- Children feel confident to take risks and make mistakes.
- We celebrate achievement, and understand the importance of rules.
Our School Mantra underpins our vision:
“Small School, Big Dreams: Learning, Caring, Succeeding… Together”
Learning: To encourage and develop independence and self-motivation
Caring: To provide a happy school environment where children show tolerance, respect and consideration for others
Succeeding: To foster a love of learning and a sense of wonder, and to enable children to fulfil their potential in all areas of the curriculum
Together: To welcome and encourage parental and community involvement in the school